Tuesday, November 17, 2015

My Love of Basketball

Basketball has been one of the most important things in my entire life. It is hard for me to tell you exactly when I started playing basketball. But I can tell you that I have been playing for as long as I can remember. Playing the game of basketball has taught me so much. Every team that I have been on has had a big impact on my life. I have made so many friend through basketball it is amazing. All of the people that I have played with will always be a part of my memories. I grew up right next door to my best friend and high school teammate. There is a brotherhood on every team that I play on. That is one of the reason why I play the game. I love the relationship and chemistry that is created on every team that I play on. There are some people that I call brothers and the friendship that I have with them is something that will last a lifetime. There are a lot of people that do not appreciate the brotherhood that is formed by a team. Those are the people that do not benefit the team in a positive way.
The game of basketball was really passed down to me from my father. My father was a basketball fanatic. He really loved the game, but I don't think he loved it as much as I do. He was the one that pushed me every day to get better. I always thank my dad for giving me the opportunity to do what I love at every level. He is definitely the reason why I play basketball. My dad even put a small basketball hoop in the basement when I was a little kid. He even eventually had a basketball court made on the side of our house. I will never forget the day that that court was built, I sat in the grass as the cement truck poured cement on the ground. I was so fascinated. My motivation to play basketball has been and always been to make my dad proud. Playing basketball in college has been my dream for a very long time. It may have also been my dad's dream too because he did so much to give me the opportunity. Now that I am playing college basketball my father could not be any more proud of me.

1 comment:

  1. Your love for basketball is like my love for basketball is like the connection I have with baseball. I have played since I was a little boy and it has became a big part in my life.

    ReplyDelete