Tuesday, November 24, 2015

How Football Played a Part in my Life

In this blog I am going to tell you all about my experience playing football and my feelings about the sport. First of all, I played football all my life up until I got into high school. I always loved football as a little kid. My favorite years of playing would probably have to be when is was in about third or fourth grade. At that time I was the quarterback on my team. My dad was also the coach. He was not the head coach like he was on many of my basketball teams. He actually wasn't even the offensive coach, so he barely even coached me in football because he always with the defense. A lot of people do not believe me when I tell them I used to be a quarterback because I really do not look like one. To tell the truth, I always had trouble seeing over the offensive line because I was so short. When I was in the fifth grade I changed positions to receiver. I think I liked being a receiver a lot better than quarterback. At least it was a whole lot easier. Throughout my entire career playing football I sadly only scored one touchdown and it was when I was in sixth grade. I don't remember who we were playing but our starting quarterback got hurt and I was the only back up. I went in and at one point it was third down and we need one yard to get a first down. We ran a quarterback sneak right up the middle. I did one spin move and saw nothing but open field in front of me and ran about fifty yards for the touchdown. That was a really exciting feeling when I got into the end zone for the first and only time.

When I got to middle school I played a lot in seventh grade but we did not have a good season. It was a really fun coach and we always had fun but we only won one game. In eighth grade my playing time decreased and I really began to like basketball a lot better than football. And finally, when I got to high school my love for football was gone and I completely focused on basketball. Football for the most part, taught me a lot about toughness, team work, and hard work and I will always remember the friendships and memories made while playing football.

1 comment:

  1. That's cool! Basketball played a part in my life like football played a part in yours. Maybe we should hang out some time.

    ReplyDelete