Sunday, September 20, 2015
Technology and My Life
Technology is something that has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. Many people today do not realize the impact that technology has on their life. This is something that I think about a lot. What if I did not have the luxury of all this technology? What if I lived in a different generation without technology? How would I survive? I believe that in this world today, I am dependent on technology. I believe that this is true for many people that live in this generation. I do not think that I could go one day without using some form of technology. The use of electronics plays a major role in my life. I am on my phone maybe one fourth of my day. Things on my phone are very useful in my life. I use my phone for an alarm to wake up in the morning. I know that this is much easier to use than a normal alarm clock. I also use my phone to give me reminders. This is very helpful for me because I always forget to do things that people tell me to do. So whenever someone asks me to do something I just make a reminder in my phone and when the time comes, an alarm goes off with the note that I made. I resort to technology in my down time for entertainment. I look at things like twitter, instagram, and snapchat. After using electronics to get on social media so much, I think that my life would be really boring without it. I think that I am speaking for most people when I ask: How in the world did people in the early generations get by without technology? It is such a great advancement. I know that if anyone talks to their grandparents, they would tell them how they did not have all the electronics that we have today when they were children, my grandfather was given a touchscreen tablet for Christmas. It was very difficult to teach him how to use it. I could tell that he liked things that had buttons because every time he touched the screen he would press down really hard and for a long time. This always made some screen pop up. Technology is EVERYWHERE! Even when you may not think we are using technology, you probably are. I guess you could almost say that technology runs the world. Or just my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree that my life would most likely be boring without technology, but I also have a couple of really great roommates that I could learn to have fun with, like you, Jayson.
ReplyDelete