Sunday, November 29, 2015
Something That Many People Don't Know About Me
Something that a lot of people do not know about me is that I like fishing. Fishing is something that I have done since I was a little kid and I have always loved it. As a small child, my dad constantly took me, my brother and sister fishing at a bunch of different places. One memory that I have from going fishing with my dad is him always playing his music really loud on the way there. Also, he used to take us to the same place a lot and there is a really big hill leading to it. Every time we drove over the hill he would drive really fast to try to jump it. My brother, sister and I got a rush from that every time. Fishing is something that I has been passed down to me from my dad and I plan to pass it down to my children on day in the future. There is just something about catching a fish the intrigues me. I love the adrenalin rush I get and the feeling of accomplishment when I catch a big fish. When I first started fishing without the presence of my dad I always had a friend or my brother with me. I loved going fishing with my friends, especially the ones that actually liked it. Some of my friends just went because they didn't have anything else to do and they always got bored really quick. Then they just started throwing rocks in the water. That was something that annoyed me every time. As I got older and better at fishing me and my brother began catching fish so we could take them home and eat them. We would consistently bring home fish even if we already had some still at home in the refrigerator and I even learned how to gut and clean them. I hated gutting and cleaning fish so I am glad that my brother is better at it and does it most of the time. The main reason why I love fishing is because it teaches patience. Patience is a key characteristic to have to really like fishing. Waiting a long time to catch a fish only makes you feel that much better when you finally land a fish. Some days we will go out and not even catch a fish or get a bite. But that does not make me stop. I try again the next day or another day. My dad always told me, there is always tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's cool! I like to fish too. Maybe we should go fishing together sometime as buddies.
ReplyDeleteYeah fishing is fun! Let's go sometime in the spring after basketball!
ReplyDelete